Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Passport to Europe @ the Frist Center for Visual Arts






For the second year in a row, I have volunteered my photography services for the Frist Center's volunteer appreciation party. I have a strong connection to the Frist since my wife, Samantha Andrews, is their Volunteer Services Manager. I was very proud of her last night. I know that she was able to straighten out a lot of last minute kinks and put on a great party. Sam originally hired dancers from Panty Raid Burlesque http://www.pantyraidburlesque.com to perform a cancan dance but due to an injury, they were unable to perform. The cancelation was last minute so she had to scramble on Monday night to find entertainment. Fortunately she found Tango Nashville www.tangonashville.com. The dancers were terrific. It was extremely dark in the auditorium, so the only way to shoot them was with flash or strobes and since the place was lit at candlelight levels and the dance was romantic, I had to fight the urge to fire away since I knew the flashes would be disruptive. I did pop off about three shots and I'll attach two of them. Cheers to my wifey for puttin' on a good soiree! If anyone would be interested in joining the volunteer program at the Frist Center, visit the following link for more information: http://www.fristcenter.org/site/volunteer/

-Matt

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time professional photographer in Nashville, Tennessee. My clients have included the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, the Nashville Symphony, Bust Magazine, AEG Live Events and I am a preferred wedding vendor for premier venues such as Belle Meade Plantation, the Noah Liff Opera Center and Cedarvine Manor. When I am not working, I enjoy spending time, traveling and creating music and art with my wife Samantha and my daughter Sophia.

Followers