Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fun Wedding Reception with Super T at Stones River Country Club

Amanda and Hugh were married on July 31, 2010 in Murfreesboro's First United Methodist Church.  I spent the whole weekend with them since I covered their rehearsal dinner and they not only looked great but they enjoyed their weekend the way I hope all brides and grooms do.  They held their reception at Stones River Country Club and the Tyrone Smith Review (Super T) helped them pave the way for a great party!

Earlier in the wedding day we decided to avoid the heat and humidity by staying inside the church for all of the photos in the lead-up to the ceremony and this wasn't a challenge with such a beautiful church.  There were amazing stained-glass windows and great window light, plus a beautiful stairwell and large mirrors.  We made time for a few shots of the bride and groom and wedding party on the golf course before they made their big entrance into the reception.



Super T and his band were amazing.  I'm blown away by his energy and the way they are able to get every last soul in the room to crowd the dance floor and fit half of the wedding party and their mothers on stage!  I turned around at one point and noticed a guy standing on a table waving a napkin around and saw the smokers out on the balcony watching through the windows as though they hated to miss a moment!  Twila and I set up a photobooth behind the bar and at one point our prop chest was raided and before I knew it there were people on the dance floor with top-hats, afro wigs, a viking helmet, and a woman was dancing with a football helmet.

View a slideshow

Visit their proofing site

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time professional photographer in Nashville, Tennessee. My clients have included the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, the Nashville Symphony, Bust Magazine, AEG Live Events and I am a preferred wedding vendor for premier venues such as Belle Meade Plantation, the Noah Liff Opera Center and Cedarvine Manor. When I am not working, I enjoy spending time, traveling and creating music and art with my wife Samantha and my daughter Sophia.

Followers