Friday, January 29, 2010

Engagement Portraits in the Snow + A Little Sledding

It has been such a great day!  I enjoyed my exciting and challenging drive home from Nashville (counting cars that ran off the interstate and nearly joining them), then after getting a little work accomplished, Cory and Addy picked up my family in their 4-Wheel Drive to do a little sledding and knock out some engagement portraits.  Cory and Addy will be married in just 5 more weeks.  We shot photos for about 15 minutes before I felt the need to protect my camera from the sleet.   Then we took turns on my brother Will's sleds while he buttered them up with cooking oil.... Christmas Vacation style!

Our location was a hill off of Kedron Road in Spring Hill with a Civil War Canon at the crest.  I have always thought it would be a great place to go sledding if we got the chance.  It really was fun but a ski lift would have been nice.

Since we didn't have long to shoot before the sleet caused mascara to run like Chariots of Fire, we booked a follow-up session.  Following are a couple of the shots!


1 comment:

angela said...

ooo, that last one is amazing!

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time professional photographer in Nashville, Tennessee. My clients have included the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, the Nashville Symphony, Bust Magazine, AEG Live Events and I am a preferred wedding vendor for premier venues such as Belle Meade Plantation, the Noah Liff Opera Center and Cedarvine Manor. When I am not working, I enjoy spending time, traveling and creating music and art with my wife Samantha and my daughter Sophia.

Followers