Thursday, October 7, 2010

9-11-2010 - Nashville Wedding Photography - Cathedral and Houston Station


Derrick and Katie were married at the Cathedral of the Incarnation and held their reception at Houston Station.  They originally chose a date in August but were having trouble finding venues that weren't booked but apparently lots of people steered clear of the September 11 wedding date.  I think its great that they decided to create a happy occasion on 9-11 and it sounds like it was much easier for them to find vendors who were still available!

The ceremony was at 7pm and the bride and groom decided not to see eachother before Katie came down the isle so there were very few shots in daylight but I'd have to say that I'm very proud of the way I lit up the reception.  All of the dancefloor shots and toast shots had great highlights and shaddows which created a little more depth than you get from shots with an on-camera flash.











Derrick has been a friend of mine since we were kids playing catch at the baseball fields so it was really great to be a part of his wedding and see so many old friends.  Also, Derrick and his brother Jeffrey along with my friend Cory Sullivan helped me renovate my floors this year and my wife and I couldn't be more pleased.  Those Truitt brothers are very talented!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time professional photographer in Nashville, Tennessee. My clients have included the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, the Nashville Symphony, Bust Magazine, AEG Live Events and I am a preferred wedding vendor for premier venues such as Belle Meade Plantation, the Noah Liff Opera Center and Cedarvine Manor. When I am not working, I enjoy spending time, traveling and creating music and art with my wife Samantha and my daughter Sophia.

Followers